godtie:

it’s really funny bc like listening to english majors talk about their classes or projects theyre really articulate and they use complex words and stuff and it’s very prestigious sounding and then you listen to science majors and if theyre just talking amongst themselves it sounds more like “yeah i put the compound in the thing and honestly i was hoping for a little boom but all i got was a sizzle i dont know what i did wrong.”

(via dontsaygrace)

sarcastic-snowflake:

So every morning I get off the train and start my 20 minute walk to work, and there’s this guy who’s always like 3 steps ahead of me and always beats me to the street corner bc I get stopped by the light and he passes it. but today I was ahead of him for the first time and he RUNS in front of me, turns around and goes “I’ve been winning for 2 months now, can’t stop now, have a good day, see you tomorrow.”  tmrw I swear i’m wearing running shoes to work. 

(via b0h0-relic)

I’d say about 85% of people who hate feminism know nothing about it’s true definition and goals and the other 15% are well-informed about the in’s and out’s of gender equality and just do not agree for whatever reason. Still silly, but justified by their knowledge. I’m sick of seeing the same outdated arguments against the movement and wish people would take the time to really educate themselves.

It is not a “fight that has already been won” or a “man-hating group of women”. This is not what feminists are about. Gender-equality is the whole point of the movement. It started with voting and moving out of the image of the “domestic lifestyle” that many women were pushed into, but now it is something much more. Like any movement in history, it undergoes an evolution of ideas, goals, and values; however, the same basic principles stand. Gender equality is important for the livelihood of everyone despite sex, race, socio-economic standing, etc. It is important for the girls who are told that their shoulders are distracting to male students who just can’t possibly focus on their studies with such distractions around, but also for the boys who are told to be a “real man” and that their emotions make them less masculine. It’s important because “pussy” is an insult and “boys will be boys” is still considered a valid excuse. If after all of that you still don’t agree, good. Having opinions means very little if we don’t voice them and take a stand.

feminism feminist opinion gender equality

literaryghoul:

unless your teachers are abusive assholes there is no fucking reason to disrespect them

they are literally trying their hardest to get you an education

teachers have every right to complain about rude students or the amount of papers they have to grade because their salary is low as shit

oh wow, your math teacher yelled at you because you were ignoring the lesson and talking to your friend

i wonder why

jesus christ teachers have it hard enough dont be an asshole

(Source: chatotai, via thefuuuucomics)

loki-has-a-tardis:

This is honestly the best poster I have found in a while supporting breast cancer awareness. I am honestly so sick of seeing, “set the tatas free” and “save the boobies”. There is no reason in hell a life threatening, life ruining disease should be sexualized. “Don’t wear a bra day,” go fuck yourselves. You’re not saving a pair of tits, you’re saving the entire package: mind, body, and soul included. Women are not just a pair of breasts.

loki-has-a-tardis:

This is honestly the best poster I have found in a while supporting breast cancer awareness. I am honestly so sick of seeing, “set the tatas free” and “save the boobies”. There is no reason in hell a life threatening, life ruining disease should be sexualized. “Don’t wear a bra day,” go fuck yourselves. You’re not saving a pair of tits, you’re saving the entire package: mind, body, and soul included. Women are not just a pair of breasts.

(via icantwaittobequeen)

sarcasick:

opidiod:

justablueumbrella:

A writer for the new york times interviewed a series of people who had survived jumping off the golden gate bridge. Every person she interviewed admitted that about two thirds of the way down, they realized that every seemingly meaningless problem that caused them to jump was fixable.

Every single one.

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

READ THIS

REBLOG THIS AND NEVER EVER FORGET IT

(Source: waste-it-dreaming, via ednawilbur4eva)

darkbluetile:

thebrownskingirl:

You are so used to your features, you don’t know how beautiful you look to a stranger.

I can’t believe I’m even more beautiful than I think I am this is incredible where’s my modeling contract

(via dontsaygrace)